Meet the Design Technology RGS heroes
The RGS Design Technology team has shown incredible determination and dedication in their efforts to support NHS staff during this epidemic. They came up with a design, and have perfected the manufacturing process, to enable them to produce up to 80-100 safety visors per day for any medical staff who need them.
The beauty of the design is that it uses minimal parts, meaning the team can produce these visors fairly rapidly. The band at the top is laser cut, and holds the clear acrylic shield using a series of grooves, and there is ample space on the visor for medical professionals to wear glasses or protective eye equipment underneath if needed.
We are so proud of Mr Oates, Mr Alvarez and Mr Ward (pictured above), who, as part of the RGSWeCare initiative, have already supplied visors to the following organisations:
- Greystone House Surgery & Surrey Heartlands CCG
- Dorking Medical Practice
- Right at Home
- East Surrey Hospital
- Wall House Surgery
- Oxted Health Centre
- GP Townhill Medical Practice, Caterham
- First Community Health and Care
- Shrewsbury Court Independent Hospital
- Children and Family Health Surrey
- Rosewood NHS LD centre
- Ridgegate Care Home
- St Catherine’s Hospice
- Woodlands Surgery, Horley
- Reigate and Redhill Community Kitchen
- St Thomas’ Hospital
- Beaumont Care Home
- Raffles Pharmacy
- Raven Housing Trust
- Ifield Medical Practice
If you know of a healthcare setting that requires visors, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that the team is endeavouring to keep up with demand, so bear with us!
Follow all of our #RGSWeCare activities on social media:
- Join the Reigatian Community group on Facebook
- Follow @FoundationRGS on Twitter
- Follow @RGSFoundation on Instagram