Celebrating Founder’s Day 2021
Join us on Tuesday 4 May 2021 to celebrate Founder’s Day. Enjoy a CCF parade/Corp of Drums performance at 16.05 and test your general knowledge with an online quiz at 19.30.
In 2020, we held our first Founder’s Day and it was wonderful to see Reigatians around the world raising a glass to our school’s founder, Henry Smith. This year – as we get ever closer to RGS’s 350th anniversary – we would like to go one better, and invite all Reigatians to join us to celebrate the life-long pride of being a Reigatian.
Download the new Reigate Grammar School app, to share and view photos and memories from other Reigatians. Download the app to a mobile device using this link (works on both Apple and android devices). Alternatively, you can join the online community via a website version of the RGS app.
Share photos and memories
Snap a selfie and post a photo of yourself – as modelled by RGS Foundation Associate Director, Jonny Hylton (RGS 1992-99) – ideally doing one of the following:
- wearing an item of old school clothing, i.e. tie, blazer, rugby shirt, prefect badge, etc
- holding an old school photograph, an old copy of The Pilgrim or another item of RGS memorabilia
- wearing school colours: blue and white
- raising a glass to Henry Smith!
Post a favourite memory. This might focus on:
- a favourite teacher
- a particularly memorable lesson
- a life-changing school trip
Post a message on the app or send us an email answering the question: What does being a Reigatian mean to you?
Watch a CCF Corp of Drums performance
Join us on the RGS app at 16.05 GMT, when we’ll be live streaming a CCF parade and Corp of Drums performance. The Corp of Drums (CoD) will March onto the playground and counter-march into a static position under the direction of Drum Major Noah F. From this position, our principle bugle, CSM Charlie B, will sound his own composition The Captain which was written to commemorate the life of Captain Sir Tom Moore. Charlie is one of the few Cadets in the country to have a bugle call published – quite an achievement. The CoD will then perform for approximately 10 mins with a selection of music featuring drums, bugles and fifes.
Join in the Reigatian community quiz
Are you smarter than a 16-year-old? Fancy pitting your wits against current or former teachers? Join us on the RGS Foundation Facebook page at 19:30 GMT for our Reigatian community quiz.
How to join in:
- Get a team together and email your team name to email@example.com before the quiz begins. There will be a prize for the best team name! If joining together virtually with other households, then connect through Zoom/Microsoft Teams, etc to confer.
- Join us on the RGS Foundation Facebook page at 19:30.