Legacy giving FAQs page
5 good reasons to make a Will and keep it up to date
- Make sure your wishes are followed
- Help family and friends after you have gone
- Help minimise inheritance tax
- Protect the rights of your partner
- Give to the people and causes that matter to you the most.
How to leave a gift in your Will
We appreciate you taking the time to think about supporting RGS and the Changing Lives campaign in this way and playing a part in creating a future where young people can have the opportunity to fulfil their potential.
To arrange to leave a gift in your Will we suggest you speak to your solicitor. To leave a gift to RGS in your Will you will need to include our full charity name and number, this way you can be sure that your gift will reach us correctly.
Registered charity number: 1081898
Registered charity name and address: Reigate Grammar School, Reigate Road, Reigate, RH2 0QS
4 steps to get started:
- Think about what you own (your estate and assets) and make a list
- Think about who you’d like to be your executor.
- Plan who you would like to include – we know that, for many people, loved ones will come first, but we also know many want to give to a charitable causes and organisations close to their hearts, like the Grammar school. Your legacy could be a future where a child can fulfil their potential.
- Decide who will write your Will – we would always recommend using a solicitor to write your Will to ensure all legal formalities are carried out correctly, and your Will is written and witnessed in a valid way.
To help, our legacy legal partner Morrisons Solicitors have helped us to put together a pack to give you information on the process of making or amending your Will.
Request your free guide
Please complete and submit the form below to request our Will Information Pack: