Leaving a gift in your Will is possibly the greatest gift you can offer during your lifetime.
Thank you for considering leaving a gift in your Will.
Since 1675, RGS has been changing lives by educating children from poor and disadvantaged backgrounds. The school was founded through the legacy gift by Henry Smith in his Will – to be used for the relief of the poor in Reigate through education. Since then the school has been through a number of changes, but our ethos and values remains the same: to be able to educate any child based on merit, no matter their family’s circumstances.
Launching the RGS Foundation Legacy Appeal
The RGS Foundation has launched an appeal with a new film which follows the stories of two Reigatians, Peter and Karolina, who talk about what difference RGS made to their lives and how they are keen to support the School. They hope that their support will mean others can benefit in the future. Like Peter, many of those in our community are similarly supporting this vision by leaving a gift in their Will.
Your legacy will be a part of the next 100 years; remembered through a child and their achievements for generations to come. We know that not everyone can afford to give now, and also that family and friends come first, but just a small share of what is left would make a huge impact.
If you don’t yet have a Will or wish to update it to include a gift to RGS, find out more information about the process here.
5 good reasons to make a Will and keep it up to date
- Make sure your wishes are followed
- Help family and friends after you have gone
- Help minimise inheritance tax
- Protect the rights of your partner
- Give to the people and causes that matter to you the most.
How to leave a gift in your Will
We appreciate you taking the time to think about supporting RGS and the Changing Lives campaign in this way and playing a part in creating a future where young people can have the opportunity to fulfil their potential.
3 steps to get started:
- Think about what you own (your estate and assets) and make a list and about who you’d like to be your executor.
- Plan who you would like to include – we know that, for many people, loved ones will come first, but we also know many want to give to a charitable cause close to their hearts, like Changing Lives. Your legacy could be a future where a child can fulfil their potential.
- Decide who will write your Will – we would always recommend using a solicitor to write your Will to ensure all legal formalities are carried out correctly, and your Will is written and witnessed in a valid way.
To help, our legacy legal partner Morrisons Solicitors have helped us to put together a pack to give you information on the process of making or amending your Will.
Request your free guide
Please complete and submit the form below to request our Will Information Pack:
The 1675 Society
To thank you, we welcome those leaving a gift in their Will to The 1675 Society, named in recognition of the year in which the school was founded. All those who tell us they are making a gift to the school are invited to become members and to an annual lunch or tea hosted by the Headmaster.
We know that decisions like this are often private and personal, so no member’s name will be published without their permission.
If you would like to tell us that you are intending to leave a gift in your Will, please contact Caroline Donald. You can email or call on 01737 229300.