Leaving a gift in your Will is possibly the greatest gift you can offer during your lifetime.
Thank you for considering leaving a gift in your Will.
If you don’t yet have a Will you can find out more information about the process of making one here. If you already have a Will, you can find out how you could update it to include a gift to RGS.
5 good reasons to make a Will and keep it up to date
- Make sure your wishes are followed
- Help family and friends after you have gone
- Help minimise inheritance tax
- Protect the rights of your partner
- Give to the people and causes that matter to you the most.
How to leave a gift in your Will
We appreciate you taking the time to think about supporting RGS and the Changing Lives campaign in this way and playing a part in creating a future where young people can have the opportunity to fulfil their potential.
3 steps to get started:
- Think about what you own (your estate and assets) and make a list and about who you’d like to be your executor.
- Plan who you would like to include – we know that, for many people, loved ones will come first, but we also know many want to give to a charitable cause close to their hearts, like Changing Lives. Your legacy could be future where a child can fulfil their potential.
- Decide who will write your Will – we would always recommend using a solicitor to write your Will to ensure all legal formalities are carried out correctly, and your Will is written and witnessed in a valid way.
To help, our legacy legal partner Morrisons Solicitors have helped us to put together a pack to give you information on the process of making or amending your Will.
Request your free guide
Please complete and submit the form below to request our Will Information Pack:
The 1675 Society
To help us thank those who have chosen to leave a gift in their Will, we welcome those leaving a gift in their Will to The 1675 Society, named in recognition of the year in which the school was founded. All those who tell us they are making a gift to the school are invited to become members and to an annual lunch or tea hosted by the Headmaster.
We know that decisions like this are often private and personal, so no member’s name will be published without their permission.
If you would like to tell us that you are intending to leave a gift in your Will, please contact Caroline Donald. You can email or call on 01737 229300.