Celebrating inspirational women!
Our Reigatian community is truly amazing! Among our parents and former students lies a wealth of knowledge and experience that we want to harness, drawing on their collective insights to help inspire and inform the next generation.
We are especially proud of the incredible women in our community and as part of our support for International Women’s Day (8 March 2020) and our Inspiring Minds initiative, we aim to raise awareness of the importance of equality and diversity. As IWD states,
‘Equality is not just a women’s issue, it’s a business issue. Gender equality is essential for economies and communities to thrive. A gender equal world can be healthier, wealthier and more harmonious.’
As part of our International Women’s Day coverage, we’ve captured the insights and advice of our Reigatian community – please take a look at these videos and interviews via the links below. The hightlight of our activities was our Inspiring Minds to Think Big event, which was held in the Harrison Centre on Thursday 5 March.
Insights and advice from inspirational women
- Watch the launch video here
- Watch the video on achieving your goals and about the importance of diversity in enriching your workforce
- Watch the video on equality and making the most of opportunities
- Watch the video on embracing a new challenge and doing a job you love
- Watch the final video from our amazing Reigatian community
- View footage and feedback from the Inspiring Minds to Think Big event
- Watch the video with Phil Drury (RGS 1984-1991), EMEA Head of Banking, Capital Markets and Advisory at Citi
- Find out about our latest Henry Smith Club Lecture from Ernst & Young Partner, Maggie Stilwell
- Read our spotlight interview with Rachel Stirrat (RGS 2002-2009), Head of VAT and financial services at HM Treasury
- Read our spotlight interview with Suda Perera (RGS 1997-2004), Lecturer in conflict and migration
- Read our spotlight interview with Melinda Greenacre (RGS 2000-2005), Head of Brand Marketing at 8fit
- Read our spotlight interview with Jemima Dickinson (RGS 2003-2010), Channels and Alliances Manager, UK&I at MuleSoft
- Read our spotlight interview with Izzy Radford (RGS 2011-2018), self-employed writer and educational speaker
Help us spread the word
To support our efforts to raise awareness about equality and diversity, we have launched a new Facebook group. This will enhance the way the Foundation engages with the RGS community and help our community interact with one another more easily. We’d love you to help us spread the word:
- SHARE our posts on your social media pages (adding hashtags #ReigatiansIWD, #IWD2020 and #EachforEqual)
- COMMENT on our posts, adding your advice and insights
As well as Facebook, please connect with us on our other social media channels: